Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog neglect

...if my blog had feelings, it would hate me right now. It's been quite a while since I even logged in to it, let alone posted. Well, I'll save you the drivel of months upon months of what's happened since the last time and just let the few of you who read this actually know what's going on now.

A few weeks ago I was in the car with the three kids, stopped at a light, and got hit from behind. This was no run of the mill little dinky accident. This was on a road where the speed limit is 55, and during rush hour the stop light and long line of cars come up on you before you know it. I'd say the driver of the car, a 16 year old who probably just got his license a few months ago, hit me doing roughly 45-50. Both cars were towed out. Mine will be in the shop for a few more weeks and will cost roughly $8500 to fix. The kids all checked out fine. They're going for a follow up visit at my physical therapist/chiropractor tomorrow just to be sure. For me, today is the first weekday I've not been to a doctor's office. Severe-sustained neck/back pain, headaches, dizziness...good times. I've not even been back to work and it's been over two weeks. Combine that with the stress of trying to pay bills without having money, and it makes for some good stress. I'll be fine, the bills will get paid, the car will get fixed, I'm just happy my kids are okay.

On to the kids. Keaghan is on the tail end of his 1st grade year and he loves school. I hope this lasts. He's a natural born artist. He's always doodling/drawing on something. Once we get all the finances back in order, he wants to start taking Judo. That's my boy!

Kainoah is starting to talk a lot...pretty much non-stop. She likes nothing more than to bug her brothers especially if they're trying to sleep. She goes to dance/gym class with her mom and she picked up that talent from that side of the family.

Griffin is getting quite big. He's crawling, pulling himself up on things, saying mama and dada when he sees us, and goes crazy for his bottle. Hopefully he doesn't get too attached because that thing is going away at a year.

Jazzy and I are doing great. I can't describe our relationship with any better word than serene. We rarely disagree on things, and the few times we have we talk it out and move on. It's weird, but really nice.

The new(ish) house is going well. Just when it starts to get warm enough for me to work out in the yard I get hurt and can't do much of anything. In fact...since I started this post I've had to get up and walk around just to get my back ok.

Oh yeah, the computer is broke. So until I can get it fixed/replaced, no pics. Enough about me and mine. I'll try to post more frequently.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you accident. They are never fun. Good luck and hang in there.

kennan said...

yuck. i need to see griffin now. when are we hanging out? we can go somewhere you can lay down if that will help.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with you computer. My hubby is a computer guru, he may know how to fix it.