Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sorry...

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I haven't posted mostly because nothing has been going on worthy of it's own post. So I'll recap.

About 4 weeks ago I injured myself at jiu jitsu, not really sure how, but I pulled a muscle in my chest. Since it was right in the wrong place, I've been sidelined the entire time. I had been going 3-4 nights a week so these past few weeks have been rough for me not to go. It's rough when you get into a groove and something like that takes you out of it.

So since I couldn't go to the gym, I bought myself Rock Band. What a way to waste the day.

I also bought myself a new bed. I have some pics on my phone, but the connection from my phone to my PC is being lame. Once I get it resolved I'll post some cute pics of the kids "helping" me build it.

I'm really excited to say that I'm planning a trip to see my old friend Matt and his family in Mexico Beach, FL. Last summer he let me help him move his family from Southern California. I may be crazy, but I LOVED the drive and being able to help out. I'm absolutely fired up to go and spend some time with them and scope out the "scenery" on the beach. My friend Greg will be coming with me too and it should be a fantabulous time!

I've been having my ex-brother-in-law and his wife (Jackson and Lindsay) hanging at my house for the past few weeks as well. I know that sounds weird, but I've been fortunate enough to establish genuine friendships with the old in-laws. I've really enjoyed having them around, especially since 5 year old conversations and 18 month old baby babble get a little mundane. They've really helped out around the house and that is always a plus too.

Speaking of helping out, they really did tonight. The kids have had a pretty nasty cough the past week or so. Since the doctors always seem to give me a lecture if I don't let an illness linger for a week I've put of going. Kainoah has pretty much gotten over her cold, but Keaghan's has continued. I was able to leave the baby with Jackson and Lindsay while I took Keaghan in. Turns out it's just some awesome cough/cold that kids have been coming in with that lasts a few weeks. Now I know I could have easily taken both kids with me, but it was just nice to know I could focus my attention on one and also not expose her to something.

Well that catches you up on our lives here. I know it's a lot, maybe I should have posted more frequently. Either way, hope all is well for my reader(s). Take care.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Joey,I loved hearing from you! Sounds like you are a really awesome Daddy! Your kids are so cute!

Jess and Broadie said...

I love the picture of you and your kids. Sooo cute! You are doing such a good job! I have to say I am impressed with you taking such good care of your kids. There just aren't that many good men out there like that I am proud to say I get to be friends with one of the good ones!! Haha!! Take care of you, and I miss your cute face!!

sarawhat said...

Poor little sickies! Don't you hate wondering if you should take your kids to the Dr or not? I hate that. We're excited to have you come out, it should be loads of fun. :) I wish I had some hot single girl to set you up with... I'll keep my eyes open.