Monday, August 18, 2008

Update

Well, since my last post a few things have been going on.

First off 'lil Keaghan started Kindergarten. I had a hard time with it surprisingly, but he's excited so I am too. I was able to go see him off to school on his first day, and it was so cute with all the little ones there standing in line. No way was I that cute when I was that age. He's my little man and it saddens me a little to see him all grown up.


Also I went to my 10 year high school reunion. I know, I'm old. It was a lot less crappy than I expected. I feel comfortable saying that I actually had a good time. I was a bit nervous of what others would think of me (lame I know). If we think about it, I haven't really accomplished much. I didn't finish college, I don't have some lucrative career, I didn't win the lottery. I will admit though that I have been blessed with a great family, two wonderful children, a job that I love, and a girlfried who I can't get enough of and who also adores me (for some reason!). So it was good to see some old faces, if any of you see this, hopefully it isn't 10 more years before I see you again.

On an entertainment note, I got the new Death Cab For Cutie Album "Narrow Stairs," highly recommended. More music, Coldplay is coming to Salt Lake on my birtday 11.22 and we may be going. I'm pretty stoked because they pretty much rock. I also finished "The Hobbit" finally, and I'm on to Fellowship. One day I'll start reading big boy books, but for now I'm just enjoying the fact that I'm reading at all. Finally, and most importantly, according to the official Twilight movie site www.twilightthemovie.com they've pushed the open date forward 3 weeks to 11.21.08. Happy Birtday to me!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Our 10 year was pretty fun! I was happily surprised too! Sounds like you and I have the same resume! I didn't finish school either, I have no career, And I sure as hell would have known if I had won the lottery! Hahaha! I do have a great family and that's all that matters! I had forgotten your b-day is two days after mine! Happy Birthday to the both of us!!!

Melinda said...

The first day of school is usually harder on the parents cause thats when we finally figure out that we are getting old! He is a cute kid.