Thursday, March 27, 2008

Time to Vent...

Okay, I just need to get some things off my chest. Keaghan has been sick the past few days. His mom had him overnight and told me he was really sick and started getting sores on his tongue. However, she refused to take him into the doctor for some reason. I was at work, and she had the day off. So finally I just made an appointment and told her she needed to take him. She wound up taking him and he has strep and an ear infection. The doc gave him a prescription for some antibiotics, and naturally she wouldn't go get it. She had her new fiance with her, so all she would have had to do is just get out of the car and leave all them there. It's not like she needed to take the kids with her. This is where it gets good. I go pick up the kids from her, she doesn't have them ready when I get there and just takes them to my car with no shoes and no coat on. HE IS SICK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND HE DOESN'T HAVE A COAT OR SHOES ON! So anyway, I take them to Target to get his medicine, and as I'm parking he says he needs to throw up. He's such a smart boy, he covers his mouth with his hands and keeps it all in his hands. At this point I'm teary-eyed because my little boy is so sick, and he's worried about not messing in the car. Well then we get the window open, and he throws up all over the side of my car. Then I get him out of the car and he does more on the parking lot.

Here's about where I go from sad to really angry. Angry because everything just seemed to add up all at once and really weighed on me. The fact that his mom didn't even want to take him to the doctor, and also the fact that she didn't get his medicine. I am probably overreacting here, but I just find it hard to believe that she cares so much about him, yet can't do what's needed to get him better. Ok, I'm done. It's getting late and I have to work in the morning...

10 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so so sorry! We've been sick at our house too! Oakley keeps throwing up! There is nothing more tiresome and wearing on a parent than sick kids. I can't even begin to imagine going at it without help. I'm so sorry.

trevan said...

man, that sucks. i'm so sorry to hear that. poor guy, i hope he's getting better!!

kennan said...

i'll rip her lungs out!

Dan said...

I'm not kidding when I say that this warrants some possible calls to a lawyer JoJo. Not only did I immediately tell you to get Kea to a doctor, BUT A DOCTOR SAID SO TOO. On top of that the refusal to get him his meds (ON YOUR DIME BTW) shows a serious issue. No mother in her right mind would withhold medicine from her child. Strep is both highly contagious and painful and she knew letting him suffer would cause you pain too. I am tired of her hurting you and your kids.

Steve and Jan said...

I thank God the kids have you Joey and are with you. Hang in there and keep up being a great dad and the good man you are. We all love you and always have you in our thoughts. Take good care of those youngsters, they're special.

sarawhat said...

I'm sorry Joey. Sounds like things have been rough. They're lucky to have you who has their best interest in mind.

Jess and Broadie said...

What a crappy mother!!!! It makes me sick to think of how little she cares for her kids! Its a good thing they were blessed with such a great dad!!!!! I mean that Joey, you are an awesome guy and an amazing dad and she has sunk as low as pond scum ... and actually I think I might think pond scum is better :) You just hang in there and keep being the amazing person you are. I know how hard it is to do this on your own but you can do it, you are doing a great job (and I can understand the frustrations too). If you and the kids ever want a break from Utah come up here and hang out with us, you are more then welcome!!

Rachel said...

Hey Joey, you should keep a journal of all the crappy things Miranda does that shows she is an unfit mother. I watched an Oprah once where a lady was being abused by her husband, and a friend kept a journal of all the times she saw her with bruises and whatnot, and that's what got him convicted. Not quite the same situation, but similar. If you ever do decide to get official full custody, it'd probably help to have a list of specific things she has done that show she does not have her children's best interests at heart.

Jess and Broadie said...

I totally agree with Rachel about the Journal idea.... it really works for getting full custody. I would know :) give it a try .... it certainly won't hurt anything.

Switzer said...

JG - whats the hops brah! good talking to you earlier today but hate to hear your sob story. Keep your head up(thats what she said!)